View Single Post
Old
11-08-2010, 02:10 PM
Nidema

vCash: 500
I guess the value of this move will be evaluated based on the subsequent moves or non-moves.

If we stand pat after waiving him, then I would be kind of confused. Consider these scenarios.

A) We waived him for cap reasons. The way I think it works is that he goes through waivers (if unclaimed), would stay on our team for 30 days with only a portion or none of his salary cap counting (not sure). I can see the value in this move but I don't think we're that strapped for cap space. We have 0.6mil including Boyd's contract in Cap space.

B) As Eklund would say, dominos. We call up another player that's more suited for the bottom 6. But, we have Darche, Pouliot, Halpern, Pyatt, Moen, Lapierre and Eller that can all play that role in the bottom 6. So maybe we're calling up a guy like Palushaj or Desharnais?

C) Sign a player. If we waive Boyd and he gets claimed or sent to Hamilton (Unlikely), we would have roughly 1.2mil in cap space. I could imagine us signing a top 6 veteran for a bargain price or (please no) MAB?

Either way, this move by itself doesn't make too much sense. I guess we have to wait till the next move to panic or not panic. What I don't get is why did we sign/trade for this guy if we don't give him a legitimate chance to play? Has he even played 10 games with us? It's way to early to abandon this guy unless we have another option lined up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
Yup you can question all his decisions, but waiving Boyd isnt one of his.
He definitely had a role in it though. If Boyd was part of JM's game plan or if JM sees a use for him, then I don't think Gauthier waives him.

We can definitely question JM's ability to put together working lines or his ability as a talent evaluator.

***thanks for the merge Mods!

Nidema is offline   Reply With Quote