View Single Post
Old
11-08-2010, 02:05 PM
Lucius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
It's normal that they're on pace for 16pts, they're on a cold streak and it's early. Subban and Markov are on pace to have 0 goal..you believe that's what's going to happen?..
Gomez and Gionta should stay together. Martin has done absolutely nothing with this move. I really am scratching my head as to what he's thinking.
I agreed with breaking up the 1st line in order to make a solid offensive 2nd line with A.Ko/Gionta/Gomez and put a good youngsters like Eller with Plek/Cammy as he'll have more chances of success playing along these two guys rather than 2 struggling ones. I felt this was worth a try. But his current lines are incredibly ridiculous.
He dismantled the first line for absolutely no reason. It's pretty much as if he replaced Pouliot with Eller on his line...

He took a struggling Gionta, put him with another semi-struggling Cammy. Took a hot Kostitsyn and put him with a struggling Gomez and a 3rd liner...whawhawhattt??..
It's a recipe for disaster in my eyes.
Possibly, but the fact is that we have five top six forwards. So someone has to play with a 3rd liner.

And of those top six, only two of them (Plekanec and Kostitsyn) are playing well.

Cammy, Gionta, and Gomez are all struggling badly.

To me, the solution was to put the three struggling guys together and try the random plug with Pleky/Kostitsyn, but what Martin did makes some sense too.

I doubt Gionta and Gomez are split up forever, but maybe a few games apart will break them out of whatever funk they're in. Gionta did score, after all.

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote