View Single Post
Old
11-08-2010, 03:46 PM
sa cyred
Yea....the Flyers...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Though I agree with Pyccku that both Wellwood and JVR should be on the roster before Shelley if at all possible, this is not the coddling of a bluechip.

JVR is struggling to put in EV strength points. While he hasn't earned PP time based on his play at EV strength, that doesn't negate the fact that he's just not getting those minutes. PP points are a good way to boost confidence in offensive ability, and right now JVR's got no confidence in his offensive ability. Outside of one really stupid turnover, there have been no glaring holes in his defensive play and work.

In my opinion, he's run into the same snag Nodl was in, where he just cannot generate offense around the net.

This is a learning experience for him, and sending him down won't do anything for his confidence.

That said, he's a better player all-around than Wellwood right now. I know people like flashes of brilliance, but they're so quick for forget JVR's early season last year before getting severely worn out.

The offense will come. Be patient. He's not in the perfect scenario for a young kid to put up a lot of points, particularly a 2nd overall pick in that there is so much other talent on the team who are going to want the puck.

I'm not saying that he doesn't have to play better, but he's a better player right now than Wellwood regardless of what people are throwing out there.
Being honest though, there are players who are putting up points playing the same amount of time JVR has. The not playing on the pp is not an excuse.

sa cyred is offline   Reply With Quote