View Single Post
Old
11-09-2010, 02:18 AM
Coog

vCash: 500
Whats up with swedish hockey?

Is it just me or isnt it so that ”dirty play” just runs rampant this season? The shove in the back from Pikkarainen that sent Josh MacNevin in to the board, causin him to brake his leg, is just one of many incidents. And just the other day Janne Karlsson, coach of the second league team Växjö went ballistic at Jens Karlsson for a ugly cheap shot when he tried to take the head of an opponent with a hit in garbage time, trailing 4-1. What was it Janne called him? ”The most gutless player in swedish hockey”. Jens Karlsson only smirking, asking, ”Are you done now?”

There’s just no respect in swedish hockey these days. For my team Färjestad alone I can count four injuries caused by cheap shots. I say this, we wouldn’t have this situation if there was a Jody Shelley or Derek Boogard at the end of every bench and a five minute penalty for fighting.

The MacNevin incident just sickens me. He comes to Sweden to play hockey, hoping to do a good showing and maybe get a shot at the NHL. He ends upp with a broken leg and the whole season down the drain. I would really like to se someone make Pikkarainen eat hos own teeth.

Coog is offline   Reply With Quote