View Single Post
Old
11-09-2010, 09:24 AM
Stjonnypopo
Rgesitreed Uesr

vCash: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by #11 Saku Koivu View Post
The fact is, the Canadiens have a glut of young centers about whom decisions have to be made in the near future. Next year, all of Maxwell, White, and Desharnais would need to go through waivers to be sent to Hamilton. You'll also have Engqvist who will have completed a full season in the AHL and looks to be a potential very good shutdown centerman, and Leblanc entering his Hamilton rookie season. Not to mention Pacioretty and Palushaj tearing it up on the wings.

It's nice to have signed Boyd and Halpern and had the luxury of seeing who would perform for us, but some decisions are going to have to be made looking ahead. Totally in favour of letting Boyd go to give an audition to one of the Bulldogs at this point.
I have a feeling that since we have so many potential NHL ready players next season, we're going to be shipping some of them away. Teams will get rid of players they feel can have an impact elsewhere but can't fit into their own line-up.

I'm not good at predictions but I'm thinking that Desharnais, Pacioretty and Engqvist will all be shipped off. I don't like it but we don't have room for 6 rookies next season.

Stjonnypopo is offline   Reply With Quote