View Single Post
Old
11-09-2010, 11:10 AM
macavoy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skipp18 View Post
Did you hear the short press conference/scrum yesterday with Martin. If he knows what he is doing he is sure doing a lousy job of making in appear that way.

They asked him what the purpose was of putting Boyd on waivers - he said: "There is no purpose - the purpose is to put him on waivers". He said that the rationale behind the move was to make the team better, when reporters pressed him about how exactly it would make the team better he basically had no answer.

Its actually one of the most inept sound bites you will ever hear from our coach. It left me wondering - where is Gauthier? Why wasn't he in front of the media answering those questions, especially when Martin was so obviously unprepared to answer them.
I don't think it was inept at all. I think it was smart. Boyd seems to have asked for this, or they need room for someone else. It has to be one of those 2 options. If it is the first, his not saying nothing is a great way to maintain Boy'd value and not say anything bad about him. It gives Boyd a clean rep if another team wants him, it also says Montreal is a players organization, aka it gives players chances and if it can't find a suitable fit, Montreal won't hold that player back.

macavoy is offline   Reply With Quote