Old
11-09-2010, 01:22 PM
HoverCarle*

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to HoverCarle*
http://hfboards.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=28831498

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa cyred View Post
Carter is a good regular season guy, but what goes to show he can suceed in playoffs? Its easy to point out how he hit 40 goals once and how he is a great ES player, but when it comes to playoffs its excuses, among excuses. He hurt this, he hurt that.

Personally, I think we can win the same amount of games during the season without Carter, and be successful in playoffs without him (since he doesnt do anything in playoffs anyway). Its a huge risk. Not many teams can win multiple cups over a small span. Very few teams do it
Who is going to replace is 30-35 goals in the regular season? We have already lost Gagne, Zherdev half sucks and JVR is super snakebitten.

And When your game revolves around speed, I think having 2 broken bones in your feet is really going to affect you in the playoffs (still manage a decent 7 points in 12 games).

I'm sure if Carter hadn't rushed himself back from injury you would complain about how he had no heart and is a wimp. Would you have preferred to have Pyorala in the lineup over injured Carter?

Quote:
Yep. But we are 2 totally different teams.
We are actually built very similarly, if you look at it player by player. 2 teams built around a strong D, 2 great two-way centers and a young goalie.

Lidstrom and Pronger 2 norris caliber D men.
Datsyuk and Richards Selke quality forwards, around a PPG
Zetterberg and Carter big 2nd weapons, who are also great defensively
Rafalski and Timonen could be number 1s on worse teams
Coburn and Stuart Big 2 way d men
Kronvall and Meszaros ditto with more offense
Briere and Franzen- playoff monsters
Giroux similar to Filpulla in experience
etc