View Single Post
Old
11-09-2010, 06:33 PM
sabrefan27

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelts35.com View Post
I think you are exaggerating when you make the claim that a "good chunk of the league gives away a ton of tickets". Do you have anything factual to back up such a claim?

However, why do you say it's a "problem"? If a team is willing to give away seats in exchange for fannies in the stands who may buy a hat, shirt, jersey, beer, hot dogs, etc that may ultimately become paying customers what's wrong with that?
Yes I have heard from upper management in Rochester who said pretty much, "attendance figures in the AHL are a joke, most aren't even close to real". So take that for what it's worth.

It can cause problems, like it did in Rochester. Rochester gave out over 2,000 freebies a game. Fans got used to free tickets and it devalued the worth of an actual ticket. So when new ownership came in and got rid of the comps, it was very difficult to get people to actually buy tickets again since so many were getting in for free regularly.

I do agree to an extent that it can work, especially if you get a cut on concessions.

sabrefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote