View Single Post
Old
11-09-2010, 07:15 PM
BernieParent

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyClarkeFan16 View Post
The problem though, NWO, is that Idiot Stick has a history of putting the run on players. It'd be different if this were a one time thing, but if you go through his coaching history, he has had a terrible relation with top players and prospects. This isn't something that's being made up. This is fact. Go back to his days in Calgary and you'll see that he was responsible for putting the run on Marc Savard. Look at his time as a head coach with the Marlies and look at the way he handled top Leafs prospects like Jiri Tlusty, Justin Pogge and Robbie Earle. Now look at how he handled the Flyers prospects in Adirondack.

I'm not saying Maroon is a saint, but he played very well for a demanding coach in Dale Hunter and Hunter raved about Maroon. So, why is it all of a sudden he's now a distraction and problem? It's because Idiot Stick had no clue on how to run the team and Idiot Stick continued on his path of coaching destruction and Maroon had enough.

I really hope John Paddock does right the ship. He might be a hard liner, but this is a guy who's also good with young players. Maroon could have really used Paddock's guidance and it's a shame the organization won't bring back Pat because he would benefit from Paddock's tutelage.
Good summary, and, in the absence of anything definite coming out, I think it's fair to say that both Maroon and Gilbert have themselves to blame for where they are at the moment. Maroon's probably 99% gone, though I'd never say never; however, Holmgren would be backpedalling furiously to reopen the door for Maroon to rejoin the franchise. The best we could probably hope for is another club's decent (forward?) prospect, or to package him (Carcillo? Carle?) for a better return.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote