View Single Post
Old
10-06-2003, 09:36 AM
jofa

vCash: 500
This is such a sad situation, mostly because it was so avoidable. Snyder should be preparing for the regular season and enjoying the rewards of his hard work by fulfilling a dream to play in the NHL. Instead of seeing if Heatley can challenge for the Art Ross or Rocket Richard trophy, the guyís life is falling apart because of one very brief, very dumb decision. I canít imagine what is going on in this guyís head right now Ė the guilt and weight of what has happened, the loss of a friend by his actions, and the grief of his family and of Dan Snyderís family. And now, knowing he may be looking at a lengthy and painful trial and possibly jail time, it must be just brutal.

Iím not saying he should be let off easy or whatever. The law will deal with him appropriately, Iím sure. I just canít imagine what heís going through, knowing how such a brief moment in time can change his life so quickly, from living the dream to living in a nightmare.

Tragic situation for all involved. I wonder how the Thrasher organization will react, as this has to be a huge blow for a young, close team. I got the feeling they were pretty enthusiastic about this season being a breakthrough for them, so Iím not sure where they go from hereÖ I canít imagine any of them are looking forward to start the regular season right now after this.