View Single Post
Old
11-09-2010, 10:19 PM
sobrien
RAFFLCOPTER

vCash: 880
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Absolutely, Chris. What I meant specifically was 60-minute efforts. The Flyers have looked dominant for whole periods, but had some drop offs, like against the Islanders. We know this team is good enough to roll over most teams in this league.

As well, I'm hoping to see the team shake the mindset of lining up at their own blueline for the last 10 minutes of a 1-goal game.
I agree, but as long as we don't collapse in the 3rd, that's been our problem for years now. Instead, it seems like we're starting slower, and then jumping all over teams in the 2nd and some of the 3rd, and then playing excellent defense to hold off any charge.

Granted, i didn't see the Caps game, I understand we controlled early and then maybe tapered off...

Edit: Also, I consider the Rangers to be overachievers at this point, with 3 of their top scorers out. Although that may have brought the team together, and the 3 of them returning may derail any built up chemistry. They're off to a hot start considering the circumstances. Plus, the Flyers are always due for one awful cold streak during the season. Let's hope Lavi is good at curbing them to a minimum.

sobrien is offline   Reply With Quote