View Single Post
Old
11-10-2010, 09:17 AM
Seth Lake

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
do any of you think it is the culture we have and the type of players we have. all hard hat hard working guys. on the pk, you see it because our guys all hustle and work hard and you can see what trotz calls the detail in games becasue you don't have to think at all with it, you just react. Same as in 5 v 5. not a whole lot of thinking going on with dump, chase, cycle cycle open man shoot. or carry the puck in, find open man, open man shot, or if it isn't there cyclle cycle cylce. With the PP there is more time to think and I think that is where our pp gets lost.Every team runs the ame 3-4 looks, it is about processing the game quicker rather than reacting. It seems like when we get a pp, the game slows and we can't adjust from going 100 mph to 50 mph and reacting to what the pks are giving us. And that is a between the ears problem for our playmakers-the guys on the halfboards and the dman puck mover. now certainly, suter being injured hurts our pp terribly. we obviosly have point shots in weber and franson and net presence in hornquist. but it is along the boards where the great pp passes come from. this is where I think we need to have wilson developing.
That's exactly where I've said there's a problem the past few years. When we set up and try to use the open space our lack of true offensive talent is exposed...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote