Thread: Islanders Point Blank: What the NYI did to improve their attack: nothing
View Single Post
Old
11-10-2010, 05:19 PM
majormet

vCash: 500
I think Botta is right on the money regardless of what his motives are.... Gordon can't win with this team. Guys like DeBoer, Gordon, Laviolette, Arniel etc.. are good at taking a limited roster and getting more out of it. We could be even worse under guys like Andy Murray or Ken Hitchcock.

We only have 4 top six forwards, and 5 when Okposo comes back. If Snow was a good GM he would recognize this now, instead of when it is beyond repair. Grabner, Parenteau and Schremp are not top 6 forwards at the NHL level. Weight, Nielsen and Hunter are clear solid bottom 6 guys, can't have them playing more minutes than they do.

What is the solution.... simple... you make a trade... you sell Wang on the financial merits of having a playoff team versus 3000 people in the Barn in February for a clash against the Thrashers.

The Devils and Sabres are teams that might not be able to put anything together this season and would be willing trade partners.

Would you deal one of the two goalie prospect and a 2nd or 3rd round pick for Langenbrunner? Devils are not going to fire Maclean this year, he is a guy like Sutter, Julien, or Robinson... he is a Devils hero, Lou won't fire him. He apparently blows as a coach, and the Devils have nothing behind Brodeur for the future.

I do think this season can be salvage by making one solid trade for a big 6 forward. We can soldier on with Mottau, Gervais and Hillen until Jurcina, AndyMac and Streit return. I think Jon Sim is here to stay, because he can kill penalties and play in the bottom 6 better than the PapGrabsShrimp. At some point Gillies will be cut, Gervais will be released and the trading partner for the top 6 forward might have to take back some part of the PapGrabsShrimp.

majormet is offline   Reply With Quote