Thread: Umberger
View Single Post
Old
05-22-2005, 06:08 PM
FlyersFan10*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil
And I wouldn't know why the Rangers or Canucks for that matter wouldn't have paid top dollar considering both teams have deep pocket books. Even with the Oilers having Schremp and Pouliot and with the emergence of Brodziak, I would like to acquire a guy like Umberger just to help solidify the team depth up the middle for years to come. If I were Clarke, I would hold onto him. Hopefully for the Flyers fans he won't deal Richards just because he's not 6'2" tall or taller.
No way does Mike Richards go anywhere. Not after his playoff performances, his WJC performances, etc.....Yeah, he might not be 6'2, 200+ pounds, but he's probably the most important prospect besides Carter that the organization has. Probably the most underrated as well. Everyone talks about Mike's defensive game, but very seldom do you hear anyone talk about his offensive game. It's just as good, maybe even better than Carter's game.

As for Umberger, wouldn't surprise me if he becomes a winger on either the Richards or Carter line. I think the prospect that will surprise everyone the most though will be Stefan Ruzicka. I know that he has received some flak for not always showing up, but I think that things will be OK in Philadelphia. I'd like to think that being in North America by yourself and not having any family close by might be playing on his mind just a little bit and that might be why he's been inconsistent in his play. Once the family comes over, then you'll see him kick it up a notch with regards to consistency.