View Single Post
Old
11-11-2010, 10:11 AM
Cartsiephan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
you know what helps the team the most? not trading carter.
That is your opinion, which if perfectly fine. But will this team be able to carry all that salary tied up and no one in the system? Eventually you are going to have six guys on offense and six guys on defense eating up all of your cap space and no cash left to balance out the lineup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
OV and Crosby also get shut down. so did Chicago's top line. the defense focuses on the top players, and that makes it extremely difficult for them to produce. you sound like you want to ditch Carter for...who? an early 90's Mario? There isn't anybody in the league who can overcome that right now.

edit: so, trading a player who gets shut down when the other team focuses their D on him for another player who experiences the same thing...accomplishes what?

I am not saying that Carter is not a player who other teams single out and look to defend, moreso than Richards, but right now I do not think teams fear Carter every night, whereas a guy like Giroux they do because he can beat you in so many ways. I have said this before, the more successful Carter is the better the chances they make the playoffs and can go far, but if the negotiations become an overpayment you have to look at options to help improve your team by addressing other needs and counting on the guys you have to produce. In hockey it is more true than most any other sport........the sum of the parts if greater than the whole. Look at Chicago last season, they had ONE 30 goal scorer(Kane) and then balanced it out with depth.