View Single Post
Old
11-11-2010, 09:22 AM
Cartsiephan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
No just type fast and donít check spelling.

With a cap the return on players I agree isnít going to be what you expect. If you received 2 solid wingers, one a 2nd line and another a 3rd line along with top prospect or a 1st you have to consider it. Many disagree, sometimes though your moving the better player you can improve your team. I dont care if they keep him or move him as long as they donít overpay. Carter and Hartnell, especially Carter just always leave me wanting more.
People can criticize Hartnell for coming up small last season, but once the Leino-Briere-Hartnell line took the ice they have been the most dominant line to contend with. Sometimes it is not shear talent alone that wins, it is a team playing together and having the chemistry to cover eachothers weaknesses. I think Hartnell and Leino combined make Briere a better player.

I also think that Carter could play with those two as well, but if you are looking to trade Briere you are talking about a pure salary dump because of his NMC and years left on his contract. If you shed Briere it would work, but as I have said it is not utilizing your assets properly because much like Gagne you will most likely get garbage in return and Briere will pick where he wants to go and there is not a damn thing you can do about it.