View Single Post
Old
11-11-2010, 09:31 AM
ChicagoWolves1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
Yes, that's why Rochester had about a 2500 drop in average attendance from 07-08 to 08-09. They stopped giving tickets away. The Amerks numbers currently are probably the most accurate in the league, or at least up there. I've talked to some ushers who said a few years ago about 40% of tickets they scanned were comped. Now? They may see a handful every night. Rochester's numbers are low, but they are legit and I'd bet there actual ticket revenue is much higher than where their average attendance is.
I have never heard of such a thing as giving substantial amounts of tickets away. I believe what you are saying, it is just that it makes no sense from a business perspective. If the league sees time and again that it is not helping to boost actual ticket sales, then why do they continue to do it? If the team or product is not good or popular enough to draw actual paying fans, then there is something really wrong here. Maybe it is the team in question. Maybe it is the poor marketing of the league itself.

ChicagoWolves1 is offline   Reply With Quote