View Single Post
Old
11-11-2010, 12:09 PM
Cartsiephan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHamburg View Post
I dont think people can deny the fact some people play harder and better in the playoffs than regular season. Or reverse (See A-Rod in new york for a while). I think we should keep carter, but if you want to trade Carter that is fine. I just wish you had a better plan for this season than just Simmonds. I want the cup.
I do not know the answer to this either, that is why the GM is earning his keep and I still have a day job. I think as has been mentioned by the pro-sign Carter group is that a guy like Jeff Carter is irreplaceable and he is only going to get better. If that is the case than the value in return should be astronomical IMO. At the very least four 1st rd picks or a deal similar to what Lindros brought the Avs.

There is some irony as well, Eric Lindros. The Flyers traded away They received in the trade eventual Hart Trophy winner Peter Forsberg, as well as Ron Hextall, Chris Simon, Mike Ricci, Kerry Huffman, Steve Duchesne, a 1st round selection (Jocelyn Thibault) in 1993, a 1st round selection (later traded to the Toronto Maple Leafs, later traded to the Washington Capitals—Nolan Baumgartner) in 1994, and $15,000,000 cash. Forsberg went on to win two Stanley Cups, Lindros got swept in his only appearance. The pieces of this trade made the Avs a SC Champ including the ability to trade for Roy which included Thibeault.