Thread: Player Discussion: O'Byrne/Bournival trade revisited
View Single Post
Old
11-11-2010, 01:26 PM
Sargent Pepper*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
No way in heck that Picard is better defensively than OB. He's a better puck mover no doubt, which is why JM likes him better. OB is better one on one, as a shot blocker and 100x better in the physical game.

The only downside to this trade is we'll end up overpaying for the type of player OB will end up being in Colorado. To me it's a lot like the Latendresse trade, though we got a much younger player back(unlike Pouliot).

The reason I don't hate the trade is that unless JM is getting fired sometime this year or in the off season, OB was only going to play sporadically and maybe end up losing value, us losing him on waivers.
OB has had a terrible time this year...and it really started last year.....Mistake after mistake defensively.....I think he will be a decent D but I think his time had run out in Montreal.....

On the flip side, Picard has integrated well and is a good serviceable D for Montreal. He has been more stable in his own end that OB has been.....since we have a surplus of serviceable Ds right now, why not get a good prospect?

Sargent Pepper* is offline   Reply With Quote