View Single Post
Old
11-11-2010, 01:55 PM
ChicagoWolves1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hutch View Post
While it probably wouldn't account for such a high volume, I can say that my work was given two pairs of comped tickets for advertising the Heat. If a franchise does that for every store/company that agrees to distribute the team's pocket schedules, it can certainly add up.

Not saying it would be 2G's worth, but it's a factor for sure.
So it is a kind of barter which is a good way of helping advertise the product--that is understandable. With that kind of marketing effort, you would think then that ticket sales would be higher.

With ticket sales down some, in addition to Phantoms moving (I heard Allentown more than once), has anyone heard rumors about any other AHL teams on the move? If so, what cities would be logical to relocate a team to? Also, is there a "radius rule", where an existing team cannot be infringed upon? For example, there is a nice arena outside of Chicago, the Sears Center, that would be theoretically good for an AHL team. However, it is maybe 30 minutes from the Wolves. Hearing about all the work to keep costs down, adding a team that is easy driving distance from Rockford, Milwaukee and the Wolves could be an idea.

ChicagoWolves1 is offline   Reply With Quote