Thread: Confirmed with Link: Say bye to Byers. Rangers acquire Chad Kolarik
View Single Post
Old
11-12-2010, 07:19 AM
Orr Nightmare

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Both players will be group 6 UFA's this summer. A player 25 or older who has played at least 3 pro seasons and hasn't played 80 NHL games is a group 6 when the contract expires.

Gordie Clark mentioned the lack of a center in Hartford when discussing Evgeny Grachev's struggles in Hartford. Chad Kolarik is a center. Can he get Grachev the puck? Artem Anisimov had PA Parenteau as his wing man in Hartford.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/article...ckout-NHL.html

Is/Was that center on the roster before the trade?

According to Bruce Berlet more moves are coming

http://howlings2.wordpress.com/2010/...-byers-traded/

How about the coach? The Flyers fired Greg Gilbert this week and John Paddock is taking over as coach. Paddock was an assistant to Paul Holmgren before going back into coaching.

Ken Gernander is treated like he's Scotty Bowman. You should have read the sickening love fest for Gernander on twitter after the trade was announced. It's the fault of upper management. It's not the fault of the Minnesota boy Gerander. My memory of Gernander as a Ranger is getting concussed by his brother in law Trent Klatt in the 1997 ECF at center ice. You heard a big thud and Gernander crumpled down to the ice like a sack of potatoes falling off a truck.

We are not talking about Adam Graves or Mark Messier here and the organization does not want to fire one of their legends. It's Ken Gernander. It's his 4th year as coach.
I agree...Gernander is hurting the development of several players...Pack never miss the playoffs until this bum is running the team and he gets to keep his job...no accountabiltiy in this organization...from top to bottom...

How about we look for the most talented leaders, like getting Clark from outside the organization, instead of doing with what is easy...

If I was the owner...I would always be on the look out for the best teachers, evaluators of talent in every league. The OHL, WHL, Europe...instead we go with what is easy...oh, this guy was a career minor leaguer...lets make him coach...working out really well.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote