Old
05-23-2005, 08:07 PM
Ronnie Bass
elite pissy upside

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Being the top defenseman on the Devils with Niedermayer and Stevens is more of an accomplishment than being the top defenseman on Team USA.

I'm not taking anything away from Rafalski or Martin, but top pair defensemen they are not.
Then your assuming that we won't have neither of them, as far as I know I believe Neidermeyer owes the Devils one more year and I highly doubt Stevens will retire if healthy and I haven't heard that he plans to.

Martin is going to be a much better than people will realize, if he can be a top four defensman for Team USA (which he was in the WC if not better) then he most definitely could be a top pair defensemen for the Devils, maybe not now, but soon enough.

The progress that he has made has been amazing, I thought he was going to good things in his rookie year, but he succeeded mine and everybody elses expectations. If Neidermeyer leaves after next year and the way Martin has evolved, he could step in. He won't be Neidermeyer, but he will good enough for the Devils and that's saying alot.

Last edited by Ronnie Bass: 05-23-2005 at 08:42 PM.