View Single Post
Old
10-06-2003, 11:42 AM
imyourhuckleberry
Nyaaa..What's Up Doc

vCash: 500
I honestly believe that defense is not the sabres biggest concern it is the goaltending, how many games have we went to and watched on tv and seen them play outstanding but lose because Biron or Noronen let in a weak goal? Mckee and Warrner were supposedly our big rugged defensemen, do you really think if we had a scott stevens type player on our team he would stop a fluttering puck from going by Biron when its s shot he should stop anyways? Don't get me wrong Stevens is an outstanding defenseman and I would KILL to have a guy like him on the team but he alone would not make a difference unless the guy between the pipes can make the saves. Now if Biron or Noronen give up 3 or 4 goals a game and the sabres because of their offensive defenseman can score 5 I think it benefits us more.

The devils looks for stay at home defenseman because they can afford to be in their own zone and be patient because of the guys they have between the pipes, the sabres however cannot. The devils play their system and the sabres play their system of hockey.