View Single Post
Old
11-12-2010, 03:20 PM
seventieslord

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by danincanada View Post
Are these rankings based on having a time machine and having each player demonstrate their defensive skills against this vast ocean of athletes we have today with Europeans and Russians and a much deeper talent pool of hockey players overall, so we could actually compare them in reality, or... just versus their peers when they played? Serious question.

Cause there's this one guy in my rec league who is just awesome. He dominates us defensively more than any of those 4 ever did in the NHL. If it's versus peers I'd have to rank him # 1. Don't know his name though - I'll have to find out. I'm not sure how he would look in the NHL but he sure kills us so he must be pretty good.
I'm sure he means in relation to peers. But "peers" really means "the best opposition in the world at the time". I'm sure your a decent rec league player but I'm guessing you're not the best opposition in the world for this guy, you're either the best opposition he can play against, or the opposition he's choosing to play against.

seventieslord is offline   Reply With Quote