View Single Post
Old
11-12-2010, 04:07 PM
SJGoalie32

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brentbreakaway23 View Post
Being 6'7 standing in front of goalies tends to make the other team mad, and last game I got dumped down to the ice quite a bit.

What I am getting at is, and of you guys have any advice on how to stand in front of the net without getting dumped so much? Where should I keep my stick, is there a better place to stand?
Sure....if you don't want to get dumped, go stand in the neutral zone

But seriously though, if you're standing in front of the goalie, you're going to get whacked and dumped. I don't know if that necessarily makes other teams "mad," per se (unless you make contact with their goaltender or whack them back, of course). But if you're standing in a position that is blocking the other team's goalie from seeing the puck, the goalie and his defense are going to try to.....you know.....NOT let you do that. It's just the way it is.

Other posters have given you good advice about your stance, and I particularly like standing just off the post and then sliding in front of the goaltender when you know that the shot is coming so that the defense doesn't have enough time to cover you or move you from your position.

But the bottom line is that area right in front of the crease is prime real estate, so everybody else is going to battle for it. You either have to take your lumps to score goals and draw penalties, or you have to move far away and let the goaltender have all the space he needs to see shots and cover rebounds. You're going to get dumped. That is the price you pay for standing in that prime area.

SJGoalie32 is offline   Reply With Quote