View Single Post
Old
05-24-2005, 08:04 AM
DARKSIDE

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou is God
Then your assuming that we won't have neither of them, as far as I know I believe Neidermeyer owes the Devils one more year and I highly doubt Stevens will retire if healthy and I haven't heard that he plans to.

Martin is going to be a much better than people will realize, if he can be a top four defensman for Team USA (which he was in the WC if not better) then he most definitely could be a top pair defensemen for the Devils, maybe not now, but soon enough.

The progress that he has made has been amazing, I thought he was going to good things in his rookie year, but he succeeded mine and everybody elses expectations. If Neidermeyer leaves after next year and the way Martin has evolved, he could step in. He won't be Neidermeyer, but he will good enough for the Devils and that's saying alot.
As for having Nieds next season, it all comes down to the last year of his contract being void or not. So far the NHL indicates that all contracts during the lockout count as a year. We will see what happens when they finally agree on a CBA.

Last edited by DARKSIDE: 05-24-2005 at 12:19 PM.