View Single Post
Old
10-06-2003, 12:09 PM
FacelessButcher

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reign Nateo
I think this deal has potential (perhaps not as is). But Edmonton would have to unload Salo first, because I don't think they would pay a back up 1.2 million. Fills the Oilers need for size at centre (Stefan is 6-2) and Stefan also has potential. The Thrashers could use Comrie's goal scoring ability as well considering recent events, and just think how well he and Kovalchuk would get along!
How do u assume that Hurme and unproven number 1 combined with Conklin an unproven back-up can hold it together in Edmonton,no I'll pass on this deal but I will put up a counter proposal.

To Atl:
Comrie( Comrie alone is worth more than Hurme+Stefan)
Conklin
6th pick

To Edm:
Stefan
Hurme
Nurminen

Reasoning is Hurme and Conklin are unfit to take the duties, but with Nurminen backing up Hurme I would have a lot more confidence in that tandem(Team Fin). Conklin can be Dafoe's back-up and if either one chokes real hard u can pull Lehtonen if need be(I don't think he's ready to be a starter yet but he's not far off).

them we need to ship Salo off so..

To Colorado:
Salo
3rd or 4th pick(I think it's fair straight up but I am sure most Avs fans would be inclined to disagree with me)

To Edm:
Skoula

There Edmonton has a #2 center a better defense but questionable goaltending(psst.. more money ). Colorado has a #1 goalie(looked real good in training camp) and a solid back-up who is almost a starter might want to work Salo less and get Aebischer into the game more often easing him into a starter position(Dallas slowly eased Turco in until he proved he was better than Eddie), weaker d but the goaltending improvement should make up for any added weakness in defense. Atlanta better scoring to replace some of Danny's loss and the formings of a first and second line scoring threat, Dafoe did not play all that well last year u have to hope he has a career year Conklin played really well in the AHL but is unproven but is young and will get better, he showed up Jussi Markannen a couple times allowing Kevin to drop Markannen pretty cheaply.