View Single Post
Old
11-13-2010, 10:42 AM
neofury*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Ellerection View Post
First of all I just want to say excellent post. Very accurate.

You wanna know what is behind this rebirth? Look no further:

I agree the team as whole is playing excellent hockey, but the difference maker (outside of Price's stellar play) has been PK Subban. He's completely changed the backend of our team with his abilities, and the proof is in the numbers.

Last season:

Shots for/Game: 28.6
Shots against/Game: 32.1

So far this season:

Shots for/Game: 31.1
Shots against/Game: 28.6

It's almost a complete reversal, and anyone who watches the games and see's how PK helps us transition the puck can attest to how important he has been to our early success this season. The team is playing excellent and PK has been a huge piece in that team. It's a god damn shame that Pierre McGuire was too blind to see it and put him in his Top 5 rookies so far this year. Ekman-Larsson? Please, he's a great prospect and he'll have a great future but there is a reason why they just sent him down to San Antonio.
I must admit in the back of my mind I was thinking the same thing. Even look we went to the ECF with PK. It has to count for something right? Also he's been exceptional defensively this year, he's exceeded my expectations defensively and matched my expectations offensively, though I think he's capable of scoring some more goals Plus the dude you mentioned got sent back down the AHL today, so that must be a ****ing joke.

I mean here's a clue that PK is good. Drafted in 2007 round 2 #43. 2007 guys... and he was in the playoffs with us as early as last year and he's one of our best D. I mean really 3 years ago this guy got drafted he's only 21 years old.....

PK and Price are winners. Gomez and Gionta are NHL winners. These guys know what hard work and winning is about.

18 NHL games in regular season 9pts. That's 0.5ppg life time.

Playoffs 14gp 8pts, obviously he wasn't as good defensively then as he is now but that's a moot point really cause now is what matters. More than 0.5ppg in playoffs.

For a defenseman those are superstar player numbers. Sure he hasn't played in the league long, sure he wasn't a pro defensively last year in the playoffs but he is now. What was Pierre McGuire honestly thinking, he loses credibility imo by not including PK. PK is a defenseman who showed up in his only playoff stint, who is magical on the ice, plays well on both ends, can carry the puck up ice, has a nice hard shot, but he isn't included in the top 5 rookies? That's hogwash if you ask me because PK is a defenseman not a forward and so far his numbers and play have been exceptional for a rookie D.

PS: The next Brodeur: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=124602

Last edited by neofury*: 11-13-2010 at 10:52 AM.
neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote