View Single Post
Old
11-13-2010, 01:58 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
First point, you obviously just look at stats and not how they play, secondly you completly contradict yourself. So Carter plays down lower now?

Ovechkin plays a completly different game to Carter. He hustles on the forecheck and creates so many scoring opertunities from forcing mistakes from defenseman. I have seen him so many times loop the net and fire from close circles.
Great... he also rips shots from the blue line... the boards... the circles... hell, he's probably taken some from behind the goal line. Ovechkin is a much better player than Carter, but they are quite similar in where they choose to shoot from (everywhere). Thus how Ovechkin gets his absurd shot totals.

If Ovechkin was taking so many more "high quality" chance shots, don't you think it would have translated to a higher scoring rate off his shot than that in comparison to Carter? Or are you saying Carter has a much better shot than Ovechkin, and thus can still convert at a similar rate to Ovechkin despite his poor shot selection?

Honestly, I just think you're biased against Carter based on the absurdly harsh critique of one of our best two-way players, but that's just me... and here you are suggesting that Ovechkin is a crappy finisher in comparison to Carter, which is interesting.