View Single Post
Old
11-13-2010, 04:18 PM
Seph

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by IslandersFan25 View Post
Records obviously don't matter when the games played and goals against in those games is dramatically different...

In other words, Roloson DESERVES to have a winning record, except the team in front of him put up 0-2 goals only in his games...mostly 1 or 0 in the close losses.

Not goalies fault, then you have DP's 7-2 and 6-1 games though...haha
Sorry, thought I made it pretty clear that I am not blaming Roloson for the losses, nor am I arguing that he hasn't played far superior to DP. The point here is that the far superior play hasn't created any better of results. That is to say, regardless of who is in net, we're not going to be winning any more games until the skaters start playing better or something changes there. Which is why blaming DP for our current record is kind of a scapegoat argument since the team isn't good enough to win with Roloson either, and as you say, Roloson has been playing well enough to have a winning record.

Basically, my point here is that the skaters are equally to blame as DP, or possibly even more to blame, since they can't win with good goaltending and DP has played in only 3 of our regulation losses. Roloson is one of the few players on the team who shares none of the responsibility for our awful record.

Seph is offline   Reply With Quote