Thread: A quick idea...
View Single Post
Old
10-06-2003, 12:40 PM
Hoot

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevex
That's a big recommendation from you Hoot. I havent seen Shvidki play.. is he that impressive then? Pity he's not a LW because that would make it much easier to fit him in. If he is a skilled RW through and through (ie/ unsuitable for grind lines) then the only scenario I can see is pushing Doan back onto the 3rd line.

Nagy-Kow-Johnson
Savage-Hrdina-Shvidki
Nash-Gratton-Doan
Wilson-Kolanos-Radivojevic

Pressbox - Cleary Nazarov

that second line looks a bit too soft though
To be honest I've only seen a few glimpses of him from his draft year when he played for the Russian U-20 team. Even from those glimpses it was easy to see that Shvidki is extremely skilled and a natural talent. At this point he must be considered to be a project to make the NHL but he is a type of prospect we do not have enough of. He's upside is (was?) a first line player, maybe even an outstanding first line player. We don't have too many of those and I doubt Cleary fits that description. I'd like us to roll the dice on Shvidki.

Edit: I don't think Shvidki is for the NHL just yet. I think he should play in Springfield with the up and coming core to find his game and settle in.