View Single Post
Old
11-14-2010, 12:30 AM
Larry44
10 - 88

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUHockey9 View Post
Yes our team is great, but I still stand by the statement that it can be better if he didn't make so many glaringly obvious mistakes. Homer is constantly in reaction mode. He does something, and more often than not needs to make a secondary move to make the former possible. He lacks foresight and patience IMO.

I don't think it's unfair to want "perfection". I think it's unrealistic t, but I don't think it's unfair to want and expect to be as close as possible. Jut like at work, if my boss asks me to do something, and ultimately I accomplish it, great. But when my boss knows I could have had it done ahead of schedule and under budget, he should be pissed at me.

Again, our team is FANTASTIC, and I will not doubt Homer's eye for talent (with some exceptions such as Jones). I question his methods in acquiring and keeping talent.
You just need to get over yourself. Holmgren is one of the best GMs in the game, because he's put together one of the best teams in the game. He has no prior regime to blame, he went out and built one of the best Ds in the league, one of the best groups of forwards and if Bob holds out, we're going to be in the thick of it all year and for many years to come.

Larry44 is offline   Reply With Quote