View Single Post
Old
11-14-2010, 10:00 AM
DUHockey9

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry44 View Post
You just need to get over yourself. Holmgren is one of the best GMs in the game, because he's put together one of the best teams in the game. He has no prior regime to blame, he went out and built one of the best Ds in the league, one of the best groups of forwards and if Bob holds out, we're going to be in the thick of it all year and for many years to come.
No I don't, I think I'm being perfectly objective in my analysis. Don't get me wrong, I'm not sitting here claiming Homer is a terrible GM. I don't think he's in the bottom 5 of GMs. I also don't think he's in the top 5. I'd say he's certainly in the top half. What is so wrong about wanting to see improvement? Why are so many people comfortable with the status quo? We should always be improving, GM included.

And I'm not discounting the many good things he's done either. But as Jester said, the man walked into a team budding with young talent, and a buttload of money to spend. Since that season (where he spent said money) he's been making moves, and then making secondary moves to fit the former move under the cap. A little foresight would go a long way sometimes.

DUHockey9 is offline   Reply With Quote