View Single Post
Old
11-14-2010, 10:18 AM
DJB
Sens best prospect

vCash: 2480
Bump. Since Landeskog is now getting top 5 consideration for the 2011 draft.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMckenzie View Post
Talked to a bunch of scouts this week on the subject of Murphy. As of now, always subject to change, Murphy is a wild card prospect whose current consensus, IMO, is between 5 and 15. He will get a lot of the same questions as Ryan Ellis got -- can he play 5 on 5 game at pro level. Working in his favor is he's a better skater than Ellis, more dynamic, more of a true PP QB. Murphy's coach in Kitchener, Steve Spott, thinks he's a special talent and capable of being an everyday pro, and he may be, but at this moment, if the draft were held today, there's some question as to whether he would go Top 10. No. 1?? I suppose anything is possible, but the scouts I talked to this week have Larsson, Couturier, RNH and now Landeskog well ahead of Murphy. The development of the week, I think, was a few scouts told me Landeskog has moved into the same sphere as Larsson, Couturier and RNH.

Murphy will get invited for sure to national junior team camp, but it's far from guaranteed he'll make the team. He could, but it's by no means a sure thing. Ryan Murray may make it before him, just as he did in the U-18 in August. And Murray isn't a sure thing either.

So lots of race still to be run. I knew Don would talk about Murphy tonight because we featured Murphy on NHL on TSN on Friday night. Don must have thought we were trying to horn in on his discovery.

DJB is offline   Reply With Quote