View Single Post
Old
11-14-2010, 05:33 PM
Sidney the Kidney
We got Kessel?!

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkochalek View Post
You don't get it: Byslma doesn't like over-the-hill goal scorers who he perceives as soft. Sykora, Satan, Comrie... they all go the same route here under Bylsma. Benched, 4th lined, etc. Those kind of guys are useless here. The only reason Billy got any love is because he had a gritty edge to his game and he was old school. There are no one-dimensional Euros out there on the cheap end of the scale that Bylsma would give the time of day to AFA big 1st or 2nd line minutes.
To be honest, this is one of my issues with Bylsma.

As useless as Comrie has been this season, I still don't want to write him off until he's given a *regular* shift with Crosby. Only then, if that doesn't pan out, would I be glad to be rid of him. But for whatever reason, Bylsma doesn't want to try it for more than maybe 1 or 2 shifts a game.

Of course Comrie's going to be terrible when he's played in a checking role, or given 10 minutes or less a night beside grinders. Considering the mixing and matching Bylsma likes to do, would it really hurt that much to, say, play Comrie on Crosby's wing for a two or three game stretch? It would then allow them to move Dupuis to the LW, and move Kunitz down so Malkin has a solid winger to play with.

I dunno. Maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part. But I just don't like the fact that a guy with decent talent (but obvious flaws, otherwise he wouldn't sign at the league minimum) would sign here for cheap, only to be misused. Even if Comrie's a waste of a uniform for this team, it might send a bad message to any other skilled guys who would otherwise take a discount to play with Sid. Why would they, if when they do get here they get relegated to 4th line while grinders play alongside Sid?

Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote