Thread: Recalled/Assigned: O'Byrne trade opens up a spot for who?
View Single Post
Old
11-14-2010, 07:13 PM
RoyBoyCoy
Habs and Rugby

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
Also beaten to the punch, but like you, also really excited about this prospect. Nothing against Weber, but Nash's size and skating ability makes him more of an interesting prospect to me. At 5'10, I just don't know if Weber will ever be able to handle himself at the next level. He'd have to develop a real physical game a la Bouillon to give himself a chance, imo. That or be super positionally sound. So far i haven't seen either from him, though i assume he is getting better in the AHL.

That said, if Weber is the next guy in next year with the big club (with a couple of spots probably opening up) I'd really like to see him get some games in the NHL this year, Kind of like Subban got last year.
Weber is just to small and physically weak, he gets manhandled all over the ice in the NHL. He's obviously a great offensive contributor, but he's too much of a liability. At 6'3 210lbs, I'm sure Brendon Nash could handle his own at the NHL level, and he's solid enough defensively to not stick out like a sore thumb like Weber does.

RoyBoyCoy is offline   Reply With Quote