View Single Post
Old
11-14-2010, 10:01 PM
saywut

vCash: 500
Just finished watching the game, as my Cardinals season was basically on the line while we played, so I had to watch them blow it away.

Falk played terrible. Barker, not much better. Zidlicky and Zanon ate a ton of minutes. Scandella played OK again, today of course he was playing with Schultz, a different partner. Not really an ideal situation for a rookie pro to be switching D partners nightly, but Richards obviously wanted Zanon and Zidlicky together. You can see how well Scandella's game would compliment Burns', as Scandella switches off coverage so well(sometimes too well), and Burns loves to run around. Scandella did make a pass to Barker much like the one that Havlat made to him the other night, and TB got a scoring chance out of it(2nd period I believe). Our D is just so slow, and TB, like everyone else, was exposing it at times, just couldn't buy a goal. Chances were there, and at times Backstrom didn't even have to make a save.

Anyways, we'll have a decision to make after next game. I think Stoner watches again, but when Burns comes back, someone has to go. I really wouldn't understand the point of calling Scandella up to play 3 games, but I haven't understood many of Fletcher's moves. I'd have to assume with the time Rick Wilson has spent with Falk he's going to stay, and Fletcher doesn't like sending one-ways down, nor can we afford to lose one to waivers. So even though Scandella was IMO our 4th best d-man for the 2nd straight game, he's headed back to Houston soon.

saywut is offline   Reply With Quote