View Single Post
Old
11-14-2010, 10:17 PM
Sidney the Kidney
Selke BylsmAdams

vCash: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtlPenFan View Post
No offense dude, but I can't help but be a dick when I read stuff like that, because it's more about riding the train and piling on the coach rather than understanding what you're watching. D-zone coverage fine. PP problems, go for it. But Mike Comrie?

This "regular shift" nonsense is fantasy land and video game stuff. There isn't a single thing Mike Comrie does well to even justify him being on the roster, much less be given 18 minutes a game. It's yet more well-wishing by fans that he might be another diamond in the rough. He's a **** hockey player that was jobless until September for a reason. Give me Chris Conner on the roster over Comrie any day.
Then he shouldn't have been signed. The guy was always going to be a shot in the dark, a Hail Mary-esque signing that would either be boom or bust. But in order for him to have any chance whatsoever to be that "boom" signing, he'd need to play with a guy like Crosby, not guys like Craig Adams or Mike Rupp.

So if the organization wasn't interested in playing him alongside Crosby on a regular basis (ie. what Dupuis plays alongside Crosby), then why even bother signing him? They were better off just keeping Tangradi or one of the other youngsters up.

You could argue Byslma didn't have a voice in whether Comrie was signed or not, but if that's the case then we've got a whole other issue in the organization where the coach and GM aren't on the same page in terms of roster building and what kind of players we should have.

And that's my point. If you're not going to give Comrie regular shifts beside guys with skill, why bother signing him in the first place? Anyone with half a sense could have predicted how Comrie would perform if he was played as anything less than Crosby's sidekick. So the only reason to even give him a chance is if you're willing to see how he does next to Crosby.

Last edited by Sidney the Kidney: 11-14-2010 at 10:49 PM.
Sidney the Kidney is offline   Reply With Quote