View Single Post
Old
11-15-2010, 11:23 AM
nyranger61494
YNWA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion Hound View Post
This incident reminds me of a lesser version of the Dale Purinton/Eric Cairns incident. If anyone remembers that one Purinton got the jump on Cairns and dropped him with a quick right hand. Cairns went down, but Purinton the sick ******* that he was kept punching. I didn't like Purinton actions for hitting him while he was down, but what happened in the next matchup made me sick. Purinton turtled when Cairns went after him.

For this incident, Avery didn't continue to throw punches. But what is unfortunate is these two clubs don't meet for an eternity now.
I actually thought back to that incident too. Both Purinton and Carcillo (in the Bradley fight that was mentioned somewhere within this board at some point) were more at fault. Not an honorable way to fight by Avery, but certainly not the worst. And certainly, a case where his reputation played a factor into people's opinions.

Button was completely out of line calling Avery an idiot and saying his teammates are now forced to fight because of him going after Smid like that. Avery, far from the best teammate in the world, was the guy who dropped his gloves in Boston with Stuart after Stuart leveled Fedotenko.

nyranger61494 is offline   Reply With Quote