View Single Post
Old
11-15-2010, 01:16 PM
hof2120

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
I think he'll hover around Pavel Datsyuk's production - I'm not sure G will be able to equal Pavel's back-to-back 97 point season though - 90 points will probably the limit for Giroux down the line, but I think their style of play will eventually be fairly similar.
I would love for Giroux to be widely comparable to Datsyuk in the long run. But as far as Datsyuk's production is concerned, do you think my point has validity? I mean with the depth of the Wings for nearly the whole time he's been there, it seems he hasn't gotten the amount of the points he's capable of because quite frankly, he hasn't needed to. Don't mean to like force my point on people, it's just something I feel has an impact on not just Giroux himself, but the overall depth impacts the stats of most of the Flyers. Not that it's a bad thing, but I just don't see a Flyer putting up the points that a star of similar skill level would put up for a less offensively deep team.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hovercraft View Post
Most of giroux's goals will always come on breakaways because:

1.) His shot is very weak (its seems better this year)
2.) He has great speed and is able to get breakaways
3.) Because he is dangly as sin.

Giroux is a Playmaker and Dangler,
Very true. I'd say it's also a testament to his positioning and overall hockey sense as well.

hof2120 is offline   Reply With Quote