Season Predictions (Oilers and League)
View Single Post
10-06-2003, 02:05 PM
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: City of Champions
I feel like being an optimist this year. I expect the Oilers to shock alot of teams this year.
1. Colorado Avalanche: lack of a stud goalie won't show up till the playoffs.
2. Detroit Red Wings: Add Dominek Hasek and Derian Hatcher plus whatever they get for Cujo. Even with the loss of Fedorov, Detroit will be good.
3. Anaheim Mighty Ducks:Two Names Sergei Fedorov and J.S Giguerre. This team will be good.
4. Edmonton Oilers: Because I'm an Oilers fan, and for once I'm actually expecting great things from this team. For some reason, I think most of the ifs will pan out. Smyth will bring out the best in Izzy, Hemsky will continue to take his game to new level, Salo will return to form. Brewer and Semenov will form at top line pairing that can compete with almost any in the league.
5. Dallas Stars: They have to meet in the first round of the playoffs, but with the loss of Derian Hatcher and all their veterans a year older, I think Dallas will be worse. However, if Niko Kapanen and Anti Miettinen develop as Stars fans are expecting, Dallas could easily leapfrog Edmonton but they won't catch Anaheim.
6. Vancouver Canucks: Unfortunately, I think the injury bug will finally catch up with the Canucks. If they lost Naslund or Bertuzzi for any stretch of time, this team will be in trouble.
7. St. Louis: For some reason, I just don't think St. Louis is that good. Pronger returning to norris form combined with Jackman and MacInnis should form the best Defense in the league. Yet, for some reason, I expect St. Louis to fall this season.
8. San Jose Sharks: San Jose's youth take a huge step forward and surge this team back into the playoff picture. Nabokov is lights out.
Damn is the Western Conference stacked.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by elphy101