Thread: Rumor: Miro Satan?
View Single Post
Old
11-15-2010, 04:55 PM
MtlPenFan

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG32005 View Post
What I always revert back to is the days of Petr Sykora. Yes, he could score goals, but I got just as frustrated with him as frustrated as I get with Dupuis, just for different reasons. When Sykora wasn't scoring he was useless, and though Dupuis is a good all around player, the amount of chances he flubs are very high, which is also particularly hard to watch.

You aren't going to get the best of both worlds though, unless you want to pay for a Zach Parise, or someone of that stature, or you develop your own guy. That's just the world we live in.
Dupuis is the perfect example of what's wrong with the supposed "skill" guys we pick up, and why guys like him SHOULD get priority of the Comries and Satans of the world.

Dupuis drives me nuts for the same reasons he drives the others crazy, but I think it gets lost on people how getting into position to take those passes and the opportunities he creates for himself are skills themselves.

He's fast, he's good along the boards, he's first on the puck and he works his ass off on every shift which puts him into favorable spots to score (even though he misses more than he should) Add to that what a pain in the ass he is on the backcheck and how good he is in the d-zone, he's 10 times the player Comrie is.

How are Comrie's opportunities going to come when A) He can't skate B) He can't retrieve C) He can't forecheck? People can't just throw out a vague term like "hands" and think that's the answer. Unless you're a pure SHOOTER like a Semin where you can afford to be a lazy floater and still score 40 goals a year, a Mike Comrie has no value on ANY roster, much less ours.

MtlPenFan is offline   Reply With Quote