Season Predictions (Oilers and League)
View Single Post
10-06-2003, 03:23 PM
Join Date: Aug 2003
I don't know if I believe any of this, but here are my predictions from where things sit today...
1. Detroit - no better defense in the league IMO. Great goaltending and a deep crop of forwards.
2. Colorado - Great offence, but loss of DeVries and Marchment on d will hurt a bit and loss of Roy will hurt more - just enough not to clinch 1st in west.
3. Dallas - just 'cause no body's better in the Pacific. They might fall off a bit and even finish behind the fourth place team in points.
4. Vancouver - all of the pieces look to be falling in to place.
5. Anaheim - Fedorov, Prospal > Kariya, Oates
6. Los Angeles - Only if Allison stays healthy (otherwise they miss again) - Chechmanik is better than Potvin for regular season.
7. Edmonton - Here's hoping. I think this can be acheived with the Comrie situation solved... otherwise I don't think our centre and defense situation are strong enough to get us there (one weakness is okay, two we can't afford).
8. Phoenix - I've been ranking them lower in the past, but I've been looking at their teeam closely lately and I think they may be a surprise. Depth at all positions, but no star players... I think they may be a year or two behind the Oil, but are getting closer.
Outside looking in...
9. Calgary - better d. better coaching. It might be enough to grab 8th spot if LA or PHO falls out of the race, but probably not.
10. St. Louis - I always predict this. I can't see how they're going to make it, but I'm sure they will. The complete opposite of an Edmonton/Pheonix type team IMO... 3 or 4 star players and not much depth. Weight, Tkachuk, MacInnis, Pronger and Demitra look great, and a couple of bright young prospects, but no real depth. This could be a year they start tuning out Queneville too.
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by MrMackey