View Single Post
Old
11-15-2010, 10:03 PM
Hallway Goon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlssonlee View Post
Hey man that's awesome, congrats. Sounds like your doing really well.

I was just wondering if you could give me a better insight as to how you got to where you are. In terms of education, internship, etc.

Thanks!
Absolutly- I am in a post-grad program at Algonquin College. It is really intense, and unless you have a business background you may find it difficult, at least take some finance or accounting classes before going. The class was created by Jim Kyte, who played in the NHL for years. He was promoted to the head of the Business department at Algonquin, so it is now run by Dave Best. Besty was the Director of Olympic Affairs for the Canadian Olympic Committee for 9 Olympic Games. Between these 2 guys you can talk to who you need to talk to anywhere in the sport world. Jim Kyte for the professional aspect, and Besty for the National Sport Organization aspect.

That is how I got my internship, I got their contact info and set up a meeting. Some people in my class are with the 67's, Hockey Canada, Football Canada, Moss Mellien, Diving Canada, Rugby Canada, Soccer Canada, etc, etc. The list goes on and on.

Hope this helped a little bit!

Hallway Goon is offline   Reply With Quote