View Single Post
Old
11-16-2010, 08:23 AM
Dump and Chase
Hand of God

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adaminnj View Post
You have a real chip going there. You started and ended this rant with you could that be Freudian?

I for one have found a coach coaching at the same rep level that dose not have any of the issues above and his team is doing better in the standing than the team I just had to pull my son off of because he was speared in the neck by one of his own players who was more interested in winning the team skills competition no mater who or what he hurts than "having fun" with hockey.

You are the issue with team sports at any level if your statement above is the black and white you see in.

The excerpt from the article you posted was almost entirely about ice time with a little bit about the commitment level required for many rep hockey systems. I was responding to that.

I don't advocate violence or negative behavior from coaches, parents or players in any way. It should be dealt with immediately and with harsh consequences.

But I disagree with the tone of your excerpt and I am obviously not alone.

If you or your kid wants equal ice time go play house league hockey. It's pretty simple. In rep hockey you have the most competitive kids and you have coaches who are judged on their ability to win games. That is the way it is regardless of your opinion and your right to ***** about it.

Unfortunately in house league everyone will be so busy clicking a stop watch to make sure everyones ice time is exactly equal they won't have much time to teach your kid any new skills or the value of giving your all in competition and in life.

But once again. It's your choice.

Dump and Chase is offline   Reply With Quote