View Single Post
Old
11-16-2010, 11:35 AM
SnipeShow91

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreddtFoyle View Post
I agree with most of what you state. However SMU was lucky to beat UNB - their goals came on a 5-on-3 power play, a flukey bounce for an empty net goal, and then a final empty netter. No offence to the Huskies, but they didn't outplay UNB.

The McGill coach admitted in Thunder Bay that they are not used to the officiating difference at Nationals - apparently the officials in Quebec call everything, and you could see the Redmen getting upset by "non-calls" in their eyes, which for most of us is "normal" officiating. It put them off their game a bit, especially Verrault-Paul who ended up taking retaliatory penalties.

Face it. Ontario East is weak. McGill is seldom challenged in conference play ... they don't face a lot of adversity. So I agree, when they get to the national stage they are facing unfamiliar teams from CW and AUS who know about winning, losing, and the difference it takes.

Don't get me wrong. I like the McGill program. If they were in the AUS or CW I could see them thriving on the competition and being a contender. But they're stuck in a weak conference and that may continue to hold them back from winning it all. I'm glad that they play so many NCAA teams and make near annual trips to the AUS. As much as X is struggling to score goals now, I will surprised if X doesn't at least split their two games, and I will be very, very surprised if UNB loses to McGill on the 30th.

I agree and disagree with this post. I watched the game and it wasnt a flukey game at all, just the 2nd goal. A win is a win. UNB didnt lose any spots in the top 10 and is still first place. So they wont tie last years record.

But yeah, Ontario East is weak. You have teams like RMC and Queens that are there to boost the teams standings and rankings with a guaranteed 2 points.

SnipeShow91 is offline   Reply With Quote