View Single Post
Old
11-16-2010, 01:57 PM
neofury*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScopeHockey View Post
One of the top regrets of middle aged people is not starting a family at a younger age.

I got married at 23 and now I'm 28 and have a 1 one year old kid. If I could, I would have gotten married even younger and had kids earlier.

The main argument for not getting married young is that you lose your 'freedom', but as one ages and gains in wisdom, one discovers that happiness lies in love and not in freedom. May sound corny, but it's true. Fortunate are those who realize this at an early age.
I agree but only to some extent. Some people find happiness in other avenues, it's one of those to each their own kind of scenarios I guess. Some people are genuinely happy being single/dating and not being locked down

In personal experiences I kind of agree though, would have been nice to already be married 5 years ago, already be getting paid better than I am 5 years ago, have kids now, etc.

I don't want to be 50 when my kids are like 18... I can definitely see the benefits to teenage pregnancy

Seriously though you're like 34 and your kid is 18... wow... girlfriend has a co-worker like that.