View Single Post
Old
11-16-2010, 04:38 PM
Badger36

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Sioux View Post
Think if a Sioux player had done that.You would be all over him for being a goon.
If it had been a Sioux player it wouldnt even be news because thats what we all expect from them.
Im fine with what Smith did. Apparently Sue teaches her players that tackling is allowed in hockey and the refs werent calling it, so Smith did what he felt he needed to.
I cant remember the last time that I saw a player get speared on a breakaway attempt right in front of the ref and it wasnt a penalty for interference, but apparently that the level of officiating in the WCHA.
I can also recall at least 4 or 5 instances where UW players blew right by NoDak players on a breakaway and the NoDak player responded by grabbing the Badger by the ankle and dragging him to the ice but again, no call. When you play North Dakota you know thats what they are going to do try to do to you, so its not exactly a big shock but the blown calls by the WCHA refs is was a disappointment.
Just like in the case of that NoDak goal that got overturned. The ref saw the NoDak player in the crease and still said it was a good goal. I dont know who the refs were that officiated that game, but I hope the WCHA assigns them elsewhere in the future.
I can understand Smith's frustration, although it was a pretty stupid penalty.

Last edited by Badger36: 11-16-2010 at 04:46 PM.