View Single Post
Old
11-16-2010, 07:10 PM
blackmarketmob

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Stauffer View Post
Every year the OUA supporters whine about their lack of status amongst the CIS voters. It is really embarassing. Their record at every National Championship since 2004 speaks for itself.
Based upon the results over the seven years it is clear that the AUS has the strongest league with four National titles in (2004-St. FX, 2007 and 2009 UNB and 2010 Saint Mary's), Canada West is the second strongest (Alberta winning three titles, 2005, 2006 and 2008) and the OUA the weakest with no titles.
If you took a look at the scores at Nationals and took it one step further built in shots it would further illustrate the point.
Who are these supporters you are speaking of? I'm guessing not on this site? There are maybe a handful of OUA supporters on here, people like myself, nosl, Thook etc, but none of us are delusional enough to think that our best teams like McGill, Western, Lakehead don't receive enough support. In fact, I think our feelings are on the contrary. The CIS top ten is constantly littered with OUA teams, often as high as 2 or 3. I would be shocked if any of us actually felt that McGill is in the same realm as perennial contenders Alberta and UNB, never mind ahead of the V-Reds.

blackmarketmob is offline   Reply With Quote