View Single Post
Old
11-16-2010, 10:41 PM
Pugs35

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deriik2020 View Post
People need to realize every year is a brand new year where some guys are going to acheive more than they ever have before. Plus Sauer was injured not underdeveloped or bad. Never understood why people wanted to just write him off while we still had him. Wait till this last year to see if he develops or trade him for some garbage player or pick?

Amazing how many people with horrible asset management skills would have traded him for a 6th or something.

I saw plenty hoping and expecting him to make the team and play well. I know I got criticized a few times for having his name in a few posts.
I don't know if it's shiny prospect syndrome or anything like that. It's just that in the past few years we've been saying Player "X" should look to break through soon, and then for whatever reason it doesn't happen and that player's window to make it closes. Players like Immonen, Baranka, Sanguinetti, and Byers to name a few who just didn't work out and looked (from our perspective at least) like they could have been serviceable.

So mainly, I wanted him to make it and thought he could, but it didn't seem like the organization did.

My 2 cents.

Pugs35 is offline   Reply With Quote